Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Storm

It is still Iowa! I was reminded of this the past week; a heavy dumping of snow. Even the never yielding Iowa State University also had to cancel classes on Tuesday night and Wednesday. Of course, the cancellation may have been a welcome respite for students but it messed up the schedules.

The storm also showed how humans behave. Both my neighbors have heavy snow removal equipment. I think they first take a ruler to mark their boundary before staring to remove snow. Contrast that to the neighbors a few houses away. They drag their machines over to clean my snow when I am struggling! So much for neighborly love! Perhaps I should rethink the idea of buying a bigger machine! For every selfish person in the world there are at least two virtuous people.

Case in point is when our friend got stuck at the Des Moines airport, a generous couple offered shelter and food for two days. One's good deeds will be rewarded!

Now that Christmas is round the corner and another storm is also expected I wish everyone good luck. We hope to enjoy some warm weather in Florida.

ശ്രീ

No comments: